MSI has with the MSI. announced a new variant of its Cubi-N mini PC family Cubi N JSL Mini-PC with Jasper Lake processor, either an Intel Celeron N4500 or a Pentium Silver N6000.
The 0.45 liter computer also has up to 16 GB of dual-channel DDR4 memory, NVMe and SATA storage, HDMI and VGA outputs and four USB 3.2 ports.
MSI Cube N JSL Specifications:
- SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Celeron N4500 dual-core processor @ 1.1 GHz / 2.8 GHz (burst frequency) with Intel UHD graphics; 6W TDP
- Intel Pentium N6000 Silver quad-core processor @ 1.1 GHz / 3.1 GHz (burst frequency) with Intel UHD graphics; 6W TDP
- System memory – 2x DDR4 2933 MHz SO-DIMMs, up to 16 GB
- 2x M.2 SSD combo (NVMe PCIe Gen3x2)
- 1x 2.5-inch HDD / SSD
- Video output – 1x HDMI 1.4 to 4Kp30 (TBC), 1x VGA
- Realtek ALC233 audio codec
- 1x microphone input / headphone output
- Digital audio output via HDMI
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port via Realtek 8111H
- WiFi 5 up to 433 Mbit / s and Bluetooth 5.1 with Intel Wireless AC 9462 OR WiFi 6 up to 2.4 Gbit / s and Bluetooth 5.2 with Intel Wireless AX201
- USB – 2x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type A ports, 2x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type A ports
- Security – Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
- Miscellaneous – Power button with LED
- Power supply – 45W via DC socket
- Dimensions – 116 x 112 x 50.47 mm (~ 0.45 l)
- Weight – 500 grams
The Mini-PC is supplied with a power supply unit and cable, warranty card and warranty booklet as well as an optional VESA mounting kit (100 x 100 mm), operating instructions and brief instructions.
MSI Cubi N JSL ships with either Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro, with the company recommending the latter for businesses. There’s no mention of Linux support.
No official pricing has been announced, but connection.com has both models for $ 275.58 for the Celeron N4500 model (CUBI N JSL-006US) and for $ 316.88 for the CUBI N JSL-005US a Pentium Silver N6000 processor listed, although not in stock. It’s not the first Jasper Mini-Mini-PC we’ll cover, but it is one of the first to have pricing, as such information wasn’t available for the competing GIGABYTE GB-BMCE-4500C and Intel Atlas Canyon NUC Mini-PCs.
For more information, including multilingual user guides and Windows 10 64-bit drivers, see the product page.
Thanks to TLS for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software part-time in 2010 before quitting his job as a software engineering manager and later in 2011, starting writing news and reviews on a daily basis.
Support the CNX software! Donate over PayPal or Cryptocurrencies, Become a patron on Patreon, or Buy a test sample