If you have a busy schedule, you may miss your driver’s license expiration date. Such an eventuality could result in legal consequences, including fines and prison terms. Therefore, it is crucial that you renew your driver’s license well before it expires. You can renew your DL online and offline. Here’s how.
- Visit the official website of Parivahan Sewa. Click on “Online services” then select “Services related to driving license”
- Select Delhi from the list of states and click on “Apply for DL Renewal”
- Read all the instructions and click the “Continue” button
- Enter the required details such as DL number and date of birth before clicking “Continue”
- Print the acknowledgment slip for future reference
If you want to renew your driver’s license offline, go to the nearest zone office. Request Form 9 and fill in the required details such as your name, DL number, etc.
Sign the form and submit it along with the relevant documents and applicable fees.
If you are over 40, you will also need to attach Form 1-A signed by a licensed physician.
What documents will you need?
. Your original driving license
. Form 9
. Form 1-A, if required
. Two passport photos
. Authenticated copies of your identity document
The fee for renewing your driving license in Delhi is Rs 200. However, if you complete the renewal after the grace period, a higher fee may be levied. The grace period is valid for 30 days after your DL expires.